Woman Was Sick for 10 Years Until A Crew Of Repairmen Accidentally Discovered Why

Kathi Wilson couldn't understand what was happening to her. 

She would wake up feeling sick every day, but the doctors claimed she was healthy. But deep down, she knew something wasn't right.  

She Started Feeling Sick

One day, Kathi started feeling sick and exhausted. Suddenly, doing simple activities like walking and eating became a challenge for her. 

It had gotten so bad that she had to start using a cane. Kathi felt like her body was giving up on her, but this was only the beginning...

No One Knew What Was Happening To Her

Her family didn't understand what was happening to her either. "Over the years, it kept getting worse and worse," Kathi's daughter said. 

It took them ten long years to figure out the reason why she was feeling so sick. 

The Doctor Didn't Find Anything

After a few months, Kathi's condition began to deteriorate, and she decided to see a specialist. 

But Dr. Mary Beth Hensley couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. 

Her Tests Were Normal

"She had cardiac testing, chest x-rays, MRI's of the brain, the spine, to see if something was related," Dr. Hensley said. 

"I felt we were very thorough but didn't come up with a solution." So was it all in her head?

The Medications Didn't Work

Kathi tried different medications to ease her pain, but she didn't notice any changes. So, she stopped taking them.

As the years went by, she became weaker and weaker. She had lost her appetite completely, but what baffled the specialists the most was that her immune system was still very strong. How was that possible?

She Decided To Renovate Her Bathroom

Kathi felt like she needed a distraction from her illness and decided to renovate her bathroom. 

But she couldn't do it on her own, so she hired a few contractors to help her with her project. That's when they discovered something strange in her bathroom. 

Something In Her House Was Making Her Sick

All these years, Kathi thought she was suffering from some mysterious disease. But as it turned out, it wasn't her body that was making her ill, it was something hidden in her house. 

The repairmen asked Kathi when was the last time her water heater was installed and her answer shocked them. 

The Real Reason

Kathi told them that it had been more than ten years. The contractors explained that her water heater hadn't been installed correctly. And as a result, carbon monoxide had leaked into her house. 

Fortunately, the leak was minor enough that it didn't kill Kathi. But would her symptoms be permanent?

She Had No Idea

Since carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, Kathi never realized there was a problem with her water heater. 

But would Kathi recover?

They Fixed The Problem

Fortunately, the repairmen were able to fix her water heater so that Kathi's life would never be at risk again. 

But since she had been ill for more than a decade, Kathi had no idea if she would ever fully recover. 

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide can cause severe damage to the brain, heart, and other organs in the human body.

In most cases, prolonged exposure to CO gas can be fatal. But how come the specialists didn't diagnose this earlier?

She Is Feeling Better

Sometimes, the symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure can be misdiagnosed.

As soon as the water heater was fixed, Kathi started to feel better. "I feel great," she said. "I haven’t been this happy in I can’t tell how long."

She Is Grateful

Her headaches, chest pains, nausea, and fatigue went away. Kathi couldn't stop thanking the contractors for fixing the problem and potentially saving her life. 

Had she not decided to renovate her bathroom, she might've not been alive today.

A Big Thank You

“I want to thank you guys for giving me my life back," she said.

Now, Kathi is happier than ever!