Make your own health remedies using natural ingredients! These DIY ideas will help you solve common health and beauty issues in an all-natural way.
20. Eat Dark Chocolate To Suppress A Cough
Eating one or two squares of dark chocolate has been found to be more effective at suppressing coughs than codeine.
19. Eat Frozen Ginger Chips To Help With Nausea
Sucking on frozen ginger chips helps soothe an upset stomach. All you need to do is drop sliced ginger into boiling water, strain, and freeze the water-infused chips.
18. Gargle Garlic Water To Soothe A Sore Throat
Mix six pressed garlic cloves into a glass of warm water, and gargle twice a day for three days. The garlic juice is said to fight against the bacteria that causes pain and inflammation.
17. Stop Bad Breath By Gargling Lemon Juice And Eating Plain Yogurt
Gargle a small amount of lemon juice before eating a few bites of plain, unsweetened yogurt to eliminate the bacteria that’s responsible for bad breath.
16. Use Olive Oil To Soften Chapped And Dry Lips
Olive oil has many uses, including softening dry, chapped lips. Simply rub a bit on your lips a few times a day to get softer results.
15. Eat Cherries Or Drink Tart Cherry Juice Before Bedtime To Help With Insomnia
Cherries are proven to contain melatonin, which helps you sleep soundly.
14. Apply Cooled Black Tea Bags To Relieve Puffy Eyes
Black tea is full of compounds that help reduce and tighten under-eye bags. Simply steep a bag in hot water for a few minutes, then place in the refrigerator to cool before putting under your eyes.
13. Soak In An Oatmeal Bath To Soothe Dry Skin And Rashes
Place whole oats in a sock tied shut at the end, and soak them in your bath. The oats will work to soothe and calm inflamed skin.
12. Get Rid Of Whiteheads With Honey And Sugar
Create your own natural acne scrub using these two common ingredients. Use one tablespoon of honey and one of sugar, then gently scrub your face using the mixture before rinsing with warm water.
11. Soak Feet In Vinegar And Water To Eliminate Odor
Soak your feet in a mix of one part vinegar with two parts water to eliminate odor.
10. Take A Teaspoon Of Sugar To Get Rid Of Hiccups
Sugar granules stimulate the nerve that causes your diaphragm to spasm during hiccups. You only need one or two teaspoons, though.
9. Drink Turmeric And Ginger Tea For Arthritis Pain
Turmeric and ginger work as anti-inflammatories, and both help reduce pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis inflammation. Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric to 2 cups boiling water. Strain after simmering for 10-15 minutes. Makes two servings.
8. Peppermint Capsules Can Settle Bloating And Gas
Taking two peppermint capsules up to three times a day will help kill bacteria that causes bloating. It also relaxes gastrointestinal muscles that are responsible for spasms during digestion— in other words, gas. You’ll want to make sure the capsules are enteric-coated to be sure they don’t open until reaching your lower gastrointestinal tract.
7. Use Crushed Strawberries And Baking Soda To Whiten Teeth
Mix crushed strawberries, a bit of baking soda, and water until you create a paste that can be used to polish away stains. However, don’t use this paste more than once every three or four months as it can erode enamel.
6. Take A B-50 Supplement To Prevent Hangovers
Alcohol depletes the body of B-50, so taking a supplement after a night of drinking will help you wake up hangover free. Of course, drinking plenty of water before bed also helps.
5. Use Warm Coconut Oil To Help Diminish Scars
Slightly heat extra virgin coconut oil and apply to scar tissue in small circular motions. Repeat weekly to achieve the best results.
4. Drink Linden Flower Tea To Reduce A Fever
You can easily find linden flower tea on the shelves at your local grocery store from brands such as Lipton and Twinings. It’s said to help reduce fevers by stimulating the hypothalamus to better control body temperature, and also by dilating blood vessels to induce sweating.
3. Use An Egg As A Protein Treatment For Healthier Hair
Whisk one egg until it turns foamy, then apply to wet hair and leave for two hours. This helps supply your hair with much-needed protein, and you can repeat every week.
2. Apply Olive Oil For Stronger, Healthier Nails
Rubbing olive oil on your nails a few times each week will help them grow stronger and have better texture.
1. Apply Aloe Vera To Burns