The similarities between these celebrities and their historical doppelgängers is eerie! You’ll be surprised at how much these modern day stars look like people from the past.
25. Nicolas Cage And This Civil War Era Man
Actor Nicolas Cage seems to have had a “twin” who lived during the Civil War era.
24. Peter Dinklage And Sebastian de Morra
Actor Peter Dinklage closely resembles court jester Sebastian de Morra, who lived in Spain during the mid-1600s.
23. Jimmy Fallon And Mahir Cayan
Funny man and talk show host Jimmy Fallon is a mustache-less version of Turkish revolutionist Mahir Cayan.
22. Orlando Bloom And Nicolae Grigorescu
Pirates of the Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom is a clone of Romanian painter Nicolae Grigorescu, who lived from 1838 to 1907.
21. Jay-Z And A 1930s Man
The rapper has a historical doppelgänger according to this old-school photo taken in 1933’s Harlem.
20. Justin Timberlake And An Old-School Criminal
Everyone’s favorite boyband singer resembles this old-time mugshot of a man who has similar facial features, including the goatee.
19. John Travolta And An 1800s Man
Surprisingly enough, John Travolta, a Scientologist, believes in reincarnation. Perhaps he was this Civil War era man in another lifetime?
18. Matthew McConaughey And Dr. Andrew Sanders
The great-great grandson of Dr. Andrew Sanders came across the 1800s photo and realized it was an exact look-alike of actor Matthew McConaughey, and we would have to agree!
17. Ellen DeGeneres And Henry David Thoreau
Comedian Ellen DeGeneres (surprisingly) looks like 19th century poet and philosopher Henry David Thoreau.
16. Queen Latifah And Zora Neale Hurston
Rapper and actress Queen Latifah has a doppelgänger in late writer Zora Neale Hurston. Hurston is known for her novel Their Eyes Were Watching God, and we doubt Queen Latifah minds having this historical twin!
15. Mesut Ozil And Enzo Ferrari
This 28-year-old German soccer star has unique features, but not unique enough to keep him from resembling late race car driver Enzo Ferrari.
14. Maggie Gylenhaal And Rose Wilder Lane
The actress has found an iconic look-alike with journalist and women’s right leader Rose Wilder Lane.
13. Conan O’Brien And Marshall Twitchell
Talk show host Conan O’Brien found a twin in this Civil War era ancestor. It seems a lot of celebs have 1800s doppelgängers!
12. Sylvester Stallone And Pope Gregory IX
Sylvester Stallone, AKA Rocky Balboa, is basically a modern day version of Pope Gregory IX, who lived in Italy during the 1200s.
11. Andrew Garfield And Leon Trotsky
Spiderman actor Andrew Garfield may not appreciate looking like late Marxist revolutionary Leon Trotsky, but you can’t deny the resemblance.
10. Rupert Grint And Sir David Wilkie
Ron, of the Harry Potter franchise, eerily resembles young Scottish painter Sir David Wilkie, who lived from 1785 to 1841.
9. Channing Tatum And This WW1 Soldier
As if one Channing Tatum wasn’t enough for the world, it seems we have been blessed with two! His World War One doppelgänger has very similar features, especially those eyes.
8. Sacha Baron Cohen And Joesph Stalin
The Borat character has a strange resemblance to Communist leader of Russia, Joesph Stalin.
7. Oprah Winfrey And Maya Angelou
The legendary Oprah Winfrey resembles her mentor, civil rights activist and poet, Maya Angelou. You can hardly tell the difference between their two photos!
6. Shia LaBeouf And Albert Einstein
The controversial actor resembles a young Albert Einstein. The similarities stop at looks, though.
5. Michael Cera And A Painted Spanish Lady
This is interesting. Actor Michael Cera is the male version of this 1940s painted Spanish woman.
4. Zach Galifianakis And Louis Vuitton
Comedian and hilarious actor Zach Galifianakis is a modern day version of French fashion legend Louis Vuitton.
3. Keanu Reeves And Louis-Maurice Boutet
Keanu Reeves, known for his role in The Matrix, looks very similar to French painter Louis-Maurice Boutet de Monvel.
2. Alec Baldwin And Millard Fillmore
Actor Alec Baldwin is dead ringer for former president Millard Fillmore. Fillmore was the 13th president of the United States from 1850 to 1853.
1. Jennifer Lawrence and Zubaida Tharwat